Tuesday 24 November 2015

Sympathy Card

Hello, today I'd like to share a sympathy card I made after seeing the idea on Pinterest. 
I really like this layout, which can be used for different occasions.
I scored the larger card square diagonally with my Hougie board.
The other squares were die cut and embossed with Spellbinders Nestabilities.
The sentiment was generated on the PC.
Before assembling, I lightly inked the squares and flourish with 
distress ink and then placed them on the cream square card base.


The items I have used are:-
Spellbinders Nestabilites - Squares
Cheery Lynn - Fanciful Flourish Die
Hougie Board
Rangers Distress Ink - Tea Dye

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft your Passion - Always Anything Goes
My Besties UK Challenge - Anything Goes & Gold
AAA Cards - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking in.
Janice x



10 comments:

  1. So hard to make sympathy cards, this is lovely Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice. What a beautiful card for a difficult occasion. I love the way you have used the distress ink to make elements stand out. Thanks for joining us at My Besties UK this month.
    Cathy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love white on white but it can look a bit stark, the gentle inking takes the harsh edge off and looks lovely
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did my comment disappear I wonder?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - it did disappear 'cos I nipped away to check out your link to another challenge in case the problem I wanted to point out is happening to other links. For some reason your link in the playground took me to a previous entry in the playground, even though the photo on the thumbnail was right. I've sorted it out and it's absolutely no problem but I'd hate you to miss out on other challenges and of course visits to your blog from folk who spot a thumbnail they'd like to read more about.

    Anyhow chick, this is stunning and I so agree with Jane that the inking really softens this beautiful card and yet it retains its elegance - love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what happened there Di, but thanks very much for sorting it out for me, much appreciated.
      Janice X

      Delete
  6. Loving the monochrome colour scheme, looks very classy and elegant. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card for a sad occasion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful elegant sympathy card love the embossing and die-cut flourish ---Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect sympathy card - simple and elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards :) - Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Janice x