Thursday 5 November 2015

Female Birthday Card

Hello, today I would like to show you a birthday card I made for my sister Carolyn,
 using the 'die cut inlay' technique. 
Although a little bit fiddly to do, I really like the finished effect.
I first die cut the Wild Blooms onto a piece of white card which I then shaped with the Reverse Wonky rectangles. I then attached this to a piece of pink card and cut a 
narrow border by hand with a sharp pair of scissors.
Using a tiny amount of glue inside each of the petals and the stems, 
I then carefully placed the pink and green die cuts into each space, pressing lightly with 
a pokey tool for the pieces to be set in place. Using 3D foam pads, I then attached this topper to a larger Reverse Wonky rectangle which I cut in co-ordinating green card, adding dashes around the edge with a white gel pen. I embossed some diagonal lines on my base card using the Hougie board, cut the tag from the X-Cut set of tags, added the peel off sentiment, brads and the bow to the flower.

The items I have used are:-
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Reverse Wonky Rectangles
Memory Box - Wild Blooms
Docrafts Xcut - Tags and Bookplates
Hougie Board

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Anything Goes (Yes please!)
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes! November Edition
Fab 'n' Funky - Die Cuts and/or Punches
Create and Inspire - Anything Goes
Scrapy Land - Anything Goes
The Crafty Addicts - Anything Goes/Using Die Cuts
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking in.
Janice x

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAS card! Thank you for joining our challenge #29 at Scrapy Land!
    Hugs

    Samra GDT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Wild Blooms die! Very delicate looking card! The inlay is a bit more work but the finished product always looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice! What a beautiful card, made using one of my favourite Memory Box dies too. The inlaid look is perfect for this die isn't it - and I really love those Reverse Wonky Rectangles too. You have a ton of patience setting all those little pieces in place - but it's also quite therapeutic isn't it :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Janice. Love the inlaid die. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts in our "Anything Goes/Use Die Cuts Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice this is beautiful. The die is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Janice x