Wednesday 25 January 2017

A Female 'CAS' Card

Today I'm sharing  my latest design team card 
made for the Dies R Us Inspirational Blog.

All the details on how I made the card can be found HERE

I made this card recently for a friend who loves fancy umbrellas, so
I thought this Bugaboo digi image would be perfect for her, which I coloured myself with Promarkers. This is another one I selected as part of my recent prize.


I started with a card base measuring 4.5" x 5.75"

Taping the largest die from the Lawn Fawn - Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables
onto the card front with low tack tape, I ran it through my die cut/embossing
machine to emboss the frame onto the card.


Here is how the front looks after embossing the frame.


Next, using the Budding Vine embossing folder from Craft Concepts, I embossed a
smaller piece of white card, matt and layered it onto some lilac
card and glued it directly to the card base..


I used a darker lilac piece of card for the Lawn Fawn - Say Cheese Die, glued
the coloured image into the window, and added some twine.

I attached it to the card front with 3D foam tape, added some sequins and
enamel dots to finish.


Here are the items I have used:-


Challenges entered:-
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Dies, dies and more dies!
Stamp Art Papel Retarte 92 - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Anything but Square
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
Colouring in Scrapland - Anything Goes
Love to Scrap- Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Check the Dies R Us blog daily for more great inspiration from the girls on the design team.
Why not check out all the fabulous dies available at the Dies R Us store AND, 
don't forget we have a Dies R Us Challenge Blog too!
A new challenge is offered on the 1st and 15th of each month with a PRIZE VOUCHER 
offered to the lucky winner of each challenge.


click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG

INSPIRATION BLOG
FACEBOOK
PINTEREST
See you again soon!
Janice


19 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Love the image and embossed background.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card Janice, lovely colours and pretty CAS design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, like the photo idea and the coloring is so pretty, I am sure she will be thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful- such a nice and lovely card! Thank you for joining TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card, very elegant! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card design Janice! fabulous embossed background.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect. It's simple. It's sweet. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty pretty card! I love the idea of embossing the frame onto your card base. I've done that in the past but haven't thought of it in a long time. Thanks for inspiring me to try that again. I'm sure your friend loved this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet card! Thanks for the tuto
    Thanks for joining us at Retarte Challenge
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card! Great effect with the embossing! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card! Great effect with the embossing! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This really is a very pretty card Janice. I'm sure your friend loved it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That image is so pretty Janice and I love Lawn Fawn dies and stamps! A super card. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very feminine and relaxing to look at. Great choice of die and folder to highlight the image. Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown's Anything Goes challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card with a lovely image. Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful love this umbrella and the embossing is beautiful. Thanks for joining us for our Anything goes challenge this week at Through the Craft Room door. I hope you will join us again next week.
    Linda TTCRD DT
    laydybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the umbrella! Thank you for joining us at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog!
    ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love the embossed background and that image is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Love To Scrap! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Janice x