Wednesday 29 March 2017

A Diamond Top Card

Today, I am sharing my very last card 

I have really enjoyed being part of this wonderful design team for the last year,
which has found me learning so much from the other fabulous ladies
and of course, making new friendships.

Thanks to Dani, the owner of Dies R Us, for giving me this great opportunity and
a big thank you to Darlene, the design team coordinator. She is one amazing team leader!

So, onto my Diamond Top card. I found some very easy instructions to follow on
Christina Griffith's blog HERE, where you will find she has also put together a short video.


Here is my card base after scoring and folding at the required measurements.
Next, using the Large Cross Stitched Square Stackables from Lawn Fawn
I cut a square from blue card and glued it to the diamond top, followed by a smaller
square Nestabilities die from Spellbinders.

I then made up one of the styles of cupcake from the Sizzix Triplets - Cupcakes,
and glued it to the centre of the diamond top.


For the lower part of my card I cut a piece of blue card and a smaller piece of yellow card.

For the embossing of the yellow card, I used a technique I came across on
Jennifer McGuire's blog HERE, using the Lawn Fawn - Stitched Borders.
She has used these dies in various ways with such a great effect.
Connie from the Design Team also used this technique for her card HERE

Keeping the four dies connected, I placed them onto the card using low tack tape,
and run it through my die cutting machine.
I continued doing this, until the whole piece was embossed.
 I then glued it to the blue card and glued it to the base card.
Lastly, using Papermania Sentiment Stamps  - Clare Curd's Signature Range,
I stamped my sentiment onto yellow card, used one of the
Then, using the same die, I drew around the outer edge on blue card,
cut with scissors and used as a matt for the sentiment.

I placed it in position with 3D foam pads, and then added the diamantes.


Challenges entered:-
Ooh La La - Layer It Up
Dragonfly Dreams - Girly with Die Cut/Punch
Allsorts Challenge - Cakes, Cupcakes and Sweet Treats
Southern Girls Challenge - Use a Die Cut
Simon Says - Use More than One Die or Punch

Here are the dies I have used:-





Thanks so much for stopping by.
Check back daily for more great inspiration from the girls on the design team.

Why not check out all the fabulous dies available at the Dies R Us store AND, 
don't forget we have a Dies R Us Challenge Blog too!

A new challenge is offered on the 1st and 15th of each month with a PRIZE VOUCHER 
offered to the lucky winner of each challenge.


click below for:
STORE
CHALLENGE BLOG

INSPIRATION BLOG
FACEBOOK
PINTEREST

See you again soon!

21 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a gorgeous and cute card. Love the shape.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I love the dies you've used to create lots of layers. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous fun card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design of your gorgeous cupcake card Janice its a bit different

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab use of dies for layering and perfect for our challenge at Oll. Thanks for sharing. Lynn x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic card Janice, I love all of the different dies that you've used for it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive card with super die cutting and embossing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janice, this is so sweet! I love the stitched background idea. What a great way to add texture without adding layers. I've never seen this diamond style card either. You've given me all kinds of inspiration I want to try! I'm so glad to have had this opportunity to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! This is fantastic! I love that fold and how you created the 'stitched' background, looks amazing! And of course that layered YUMMY cupcake....mmmmm.....Fun creation! Well done, so great to get to know you and work with you. I too will not be a stranger, apparently you can run but you can't hide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janice
    Fabulous card... I remember making one of those cards years ago.. still looks good...
    Hope you are ok
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the new fun fold, always fun to see new things :) I love those stitched dies, you can use them in so many ways, I had that idea written down as ones to try but hadn't done it yet :) You showed it beautifully, your cupcake is so cute, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A super card Janice, such a fabulous design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great shape of card and some lovely dies used on this super card.
    Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Janice, love the shape and beautiful cupcakes.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic "final" card share, Janice! Thanks for sharing how you created it! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and sweet card!
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving this Janice - thanks for the tutorial. Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Janice, thank you for the tutorial xx Janis xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card with a fun fold! Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant card, Janice. I love the fold, so unusual and the way you've embossed using the stitched border dies is so effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really lovely and yummy looking card Janice. I love the shape too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Janice x